Monday 12 October 2009

I HEART SIMPLE DESIGN SOLUTIONS

No this isn't an advert for creative review or even a sign of admiration for the publication but a printed napkin for coffee republic.

This took me be surprise as I thought they had gone bust and after a little research that maybe the case.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/leisure/article6657881.ece

or not

http://www.coffeerepublic.co.uk/uk-bar-locations.php

As a designer (a term I broadly use) I saw this whilst out for dinner and immediately made the association to the publication mentioned above.

I obviously made the association as I on occasion read creative review and would do naturally.

This aside my point is that as a designer, one thing I have learnt if anything is simplicity works, if executed in the right way.

The example below, although visually strong in my opinion doesn't do its job in connecting to its audience and is lost in translation.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm in need of a caffeine hit but I'm not sure where to go....

Until the next occasion....

1 comment:

  1. Cop-out. weak and lame approach. Who even thibks of Coffee Republic as CR? The logo it is not its initials...

    An insult to Milton Glaser.

    ReplyDelete