Thursday 29 October 2009

Visions of the future

A few weeks back, I visited the Royal Academy of Arts to look at the latest Anish Kapoor exhibition, but thats not the reason for this blog.

http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/anish-kapoor/

In fact its because of a much smaller and more intriguing exhibition that I'm posting this blog. Entitled Paper City: Urban Utopias,  it posed the question as to how we see the future of our cities, inviting individuals to illustrate their ideas and enter them into a competition.

After taking a look around the various ideas posted up on the walls I saw this as an opportunity to maybe give it a go.

Using my own illustrative style, I saw this as a pretty open brief and decided to run with a particular vision which as its title suggests (Daydream believer) to illustrate an idea which in its cartoon style depicts a futuristic city in the clouds.

http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/architecture-on-the-ramp/paper-city-urban-utopias,290,RAL.html

I hold no hope that will win but felt inspired by what I saw in the exhibition and compelled to send in an entry and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment